The IQAC is functional in planning and implementation of the infrastructural and the academic upgrade of the College within the ambits of UGC guidelines. It takes into account each teacher's performance in both curricular and extra-curricular areas for their career advancement.
With its objective of sustenance and enhancement of quality education, the major thrust areas are student enrolment, student participation, motivation, quality improvement, promotion of quality research culture, enhancement of infrastructural facilities and support services. With the Principal as Chairperson, meetings are conducted periodically to discuss issues relating to academic performance and non-academic matters of the college to foster efficient organization and maintenance of credentials pertaining to the staff and students.
The IQAC assists the College authorities in formulating various action plans and strategies to increase the institution’s performance by carefully assessing its strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities. The Cell organizes various programmes and seminars/workshops for the benefit of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution
- To channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the University
- To ensure stakeholders connected with higher Education, namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of its own quality and probity
IQAC Functions - As per UGC Guidelines
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
IQAC - Institutional Functioning
- The institution has active Quality Advisory Cell (QAC) and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to frame the policy for the academic and administrative growth of the institution.
- IQAC is playing a major role in designing and maintaining quality assurance within academic systems.
- IQAC monitors the proper implementation and analysis of overall academic and administrative performances of the college activities.
- The cell supports the teaching and learning goals articulated in the institution’s strategic plan.
- As the institution has grown in size and stature, it has evolved certain quality assurance measures keeping in mind the academic and administrative requirements.
- In this regard, a manual on teaching and working has been prepared by Professor-in-charge, IQAC. Some of the measures are –
- IQAC ensures maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
- On the basis of academic audit, a comprehensive review of student’s performance is made by IQAC.
- IQAC ensures the proper implementation of academic calendar.
- Regular meeting of IQAC and QAC are conducted to discuss various measures related to quality enhancement in which the recommendations made by Planning and Evaluation Board, Board Of Studies, Academic Council, Governing Body are discussed and analyzed for further improvement.
- As per the suggestion of IQAC, a feedback analysis committee is formed to review the online and offline feedback received from the students.
- Appraisal report of teaching / and non- teaching staff is received in the form of CR and after evaluation by the Head of the Institution is forwarded to the higher authorities.
- Attendance registers and daily teaching diaries are duly maintained and checked.
- IQAC reviews the feedback received from the parent- teacher meetings
- Introduction of new Courses including Postgraduate and Add-on Courses.
- Introduction of UGC Community college Scheme.
- Automation of Library and its facilities.
- Strengthening of Library.
- Improvement in students supports systems.
- Organizing seminars, conferences and workshops at different levels.
- Extension and upgradation of Classrooms and Laboratories.
- Inculcate ICT based Teaching-learning process
- IQAC has played an important role to implement NAAC Peer Team recommendations
- The IQAC monitors the well-being of the college in all respects.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Academic Year 2020-21
Sr. No. Name of Member Organization Position 1. Dr. Vijaya Gondane Principal, GHRCACS, Pune Chairperson 2. Mr. Ajit Tatiya Trustee Director, RGI Pune Campus Member 3. Mr.Avinash Bansode Senior Manager Bajaj Financial Services Member 4. Mr.Swapnil Suryawanshi Business Analyst DCG Infotech Member 5. Mr.Sharad Mahadik HR Manager ISTC Member 6. Mr.Pralhad Ghenghat Parent Nominee Member 7. Prof. Sarika Kulthe Faculty Nominee Member 8. Prof. Pisal M.B. Faculty Nominee Member 9. (Retd. Col.) Ajit Singhavi Administrative Officer, RGI, Pune Member 10. Mr.Shivam Tumbade Alumni Nominee Member 11. Mr.Shubham Dongare Student Nominee Member 12. Dr. Sachin Chavan Faculty Nominee Coordinator
POs & COs
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
PO1 Knowledge: To enhance the knowledge of Business and Commerce PO2 Ability: ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for computing practice. PO3 Understand: the nature and basic concepts of Indian and world economy, cost benefits analysis, mathematical tools, science and technology related to electronics and computer field. PO4 Critical Thinking: Take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from different perspectives PO5 Effective Communication: Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and through electronic media in English and in one Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology. PO6 Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings. PO7 Effective Citizenship: Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity centred national development, and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering PO8 Ethics: Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them. PO9 Environment and Sustainability: Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development. PO10 Self-directed and Life-long Learning: Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context socio-technological changes.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION(B.B.A) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PSO1 Recognize the need to adapt business practices to the opportunities and challenges of an evolving global environment. PSO2 Demonstrate ability to recognize and identify ethical conflicts, apply ethical reasoning and assess response options relative to the needs and interests of relevant stakeholders to address issues in a business context. PSO3 Identify, evaluate, analyse, interpret and apply information to address problems and make reasoned decisions in a business context. PSO4 Communicate in a business context in a clear, concise, coherent and professional manner. PSO5 Demonstrate the understanding and ability to apply professional standards, theory, and research to address business problems within specific concentrations.
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE(B.Com) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PSO1 Students will able to develop their creative knowledge to solve various problems in the organization. PSO2 Students will able to evaluate national and international issue and discussion on economic, commercial and business related topics. PSO3 Students will learn relevant Advanced accounting career skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge for their future careers in accounting/ taxation/ finance businesses.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (COMPUTER SCIENCE) (B.Sc (CS)) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME(PSO’s)
PSO1 Demonstrate mastery of Computer Science in the following core knowledge areas:
a) Data Structures and Programming Languages
b) Databases, Software Engineering and Development
c) Computer Hardware and Architecture
PSO2 Apply problem-solving skills and the knowledge of computer Science, manipulation techniques and embedded developments skills to solve real world problems. PSO3 Apply computer science theory and software development PSO4 Recognize the societal and global context of their work and understand professional and Ethical responsibilities.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (COMPUTER APPLICATION)(B.B.A(CA)) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME(PSO’s)
PSO1 To prepare graduates who will have a successful professional career in software industry, government, academia, research, and other areas where computer Applications are deployed. PSO2 To become a software entrepreneur. PSO3 Student will able to know various issues, latest trends in technology development and thereby innovate new ideas and solutions to existing problems. PSO4 To prepare broadly educated, ethical and responsible citizens.