The Placement process
“If you can DREAM it, you can DO it”-Walt Disney
An aspiring managementaspirant, a technical savvy, a research seeker or a soon-to-be-a triumphant business person! Not to obliterate the student associated with the out-of-the-box ideas. This is your ticket to turn your dream into reality. You have applied for the best colleges to pursue your degree. Your primaryobjective was to have a successful job before you leave the academic education. And, this is what we aim to accomplish with theplacement process, at our institute.
Undoubtedly, from the very first day of your college education you have been on the receiving end of knowledge, brushing of skills and co-curricularactivities to enrich your personality. Presently, you are atthe first step to the achievement you always aspired to. The pathway to create milestones starts with the placement process.
Our placement process is well- structured to aid the students with maximum advantages. The well deserving students will be able to avail with us:-
1. A job- With the placement process you will be able to have an offer letter in your hand even before you have passed out from the college.
2. Authentic employers- when you are planning to explore the employment industry, you come across a number of employers. There are some authentic and some forged. With the stringent process we make sure that the authentic employers arrive at the campus for recruitment purpose. Hence, you are on the receiving end of the finest experience.
3. Assistance- whether it is the interview, the group discussion or the written test, you will always be guided by our team of professors, teachers and mentors. You will be able to learn a lot in the procedure and be industry-ready.
The placement process is an opportunity for you to avail that job opportunity you always wanted to. With it you will be able to get hold of the position which opens avenues for greater success in the course. The stepwise procedure consists of:-
1. The Affirmation- the affirmation involves our communication with the Company and vice-versa to confirm their arrival for campus recruitment. A screening process from both the ends is ensued in the same.
2. Allotting the date- a date is concluded to by the recruiter and us together, for the conduction of the initial screening.
3. Pre-Placement talk- the students are made aware of the job profile, the position and the skill set the company is looking for. They are also provided information about the brand they will be working for, the position for which the students are appearing and the number of vacancies the company has. The pre placement talk provides the students with the needful information for the aspiring candidates from the company.
4. Screening- the screening consists of a plethora of methods. Some companies short list the students on the basis of their CVs. There are others which make the students appear for a written test. And, there are still others which have psychometric tests, online tests and group discussions lined up for the students.
5. Interviews- this is the pre-final step to the avail a job with the employer. A plethora of questions are asked in the interview to select an employee from the list of shortlisted candidates. This again depends on the employer to take the course best suited for them. Some go for the Skype interviews. There are others which pursue telephonic interviews. And, there are still the ones who take the personal interviews. The students simply need to be prepared for each.
6. Announcement- An announcement with regards to the selection of the students is done in this step by the recruiters.
7. Official communication- the company then communicates about the same to the selected students by the offer letters sent to them.
Welcome to the onset of a new journey called JOB- it’s worth the entire endeavor you have put up in these years of your college. The experience will always be that primary root enriching you with promising accomplishments. Best wishes from the Raisoni Group of Colleges to you!
Internship at GHRCACS
“The expert in anything was once a beginner.”- Anonymous
This is exactly the school of thought which is continuously being practiced here at the G H Raisoni College Of Arts, Commerce And Science.We believe in nurturing students with knowledge and skills and inculcating in them leadership qualities.
Amidst a plethora of steps taken by us in this journey, internship is a leap towards better accomplishments of our students.
What does the internship include?
It is a well planned work experience associated with enhancing the personal development and academic career of a student. The management and direction for the same is pursued by the expert in the field in the industries. The students are on the receiving end of live exposure. They are able to witness the problems in the work field and find it’s first hand solution all by themselves.
We at the GHRCACS have the following norms taken care of in the realm of internship:-
- Compulsory - We completely believe in the significance internship has in framing the career growth of the students. Thus, in accordance with our curriculum it is mandatory for all the students pursue summer internship in the 6th Semester.
- Tenure - The tenure of this internship is so designed that it encompasses the finest of work experience, enhancing of the skills and knowledge about the subject. It is for a period of one month.
- Post internship - Post the internship, the students are required to pursue a presentation in the Department which is required to be in a proper format. Grades/marks are provided to the students pertaining to their presentation and findings.
- Certification - The certificate which the students gain after the completion of the internship is of immense significance. It portrays their work experience and is provided by the industry.
- Job benefits - There have been many instances wherein postcompletions of the internship, the students have job/service offers from the same industry. Yet again, the industry based project is offered to the students in the final year on the basis of the internship to the students. The latter is indispensable for their better grades. There are also the MOUs or the Memorandum of Understanding which directs the students to pursue better. It gives them ample benefits in the field with priority.
- Workshops - Round the year industry workshops are held to foster the talents of the students and to make the proficient pertaining to their subjects.
At the GHRCACS every step you take brings you closer to your accomplishments.
My past 3 years as the student of Bachelor program has been promising and growth-centric at the college. I owe this to the college staff, including the Head of the Department, the Vice Principal and the Principal. The staff members have always been there to clear the doubts and answer the questions. The environment of the college is amazing and has the best of the facilities.
The college provides us with good education and has excellent infrastructure. The faculty members are well qualified and co-operative. Along with education, a plethora of activities including seminars, workshops, guest lectures, competitions are organized to groom the students.
Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion and silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. So I take this opportunity to extend my gratitude to my college and placement department for chiseling my career and sparing their precious time in kindling our talents. Reflecting on all that I am grateful to my college is eternal. The GHRCACS, Pune is the destination and dream of a secure future.
My life at Raisoni College made me stronger and took me a step ahead for being independent. I am thankful to all the professors who supported us and corrected us throughout our Bachelor program. I love the infrastructure of the RGI Pune campus and its refreshing surroundings. The many numbers of events I participated in has helped in the growth of my confidence level.
G H Raisoni College of Arts, Commerce and Science is one of the most renowned colleges in Pune. The ambience is soothing and calm. The teaching staff is accessible to the students all the time and the HODs and Principal have always been the best motivators. The college does have many numbers of activities organized as a part of their curriculum.
The college campus is well equipped with facilities including swimming pool, seminar hall, 2 canteens, library, sports grounds, gymnasium, and restrooms on each floor. Apart from this, we the students are provided with training and placements at every level of education. In fact, we also have career guidance programs in different sectors including Banking, Finance and the Competitive examinations.
My past 3 years as the student of Bachelor program has been promising and growth-centric at the college. I owe this to the college staff, including the Head of the Department, the Vice Principal and the Principal. The staff members have always been there to clear the doubts and answer the questions. The environment of the college is amazing and has the best of the facilities. The GHRCACS, Pune has nurtured my potential and given me an opportunity to define myself for my future life. I hereby put up my acknowledgement towards the Computer Science department (B. Sc) for encouraging me to think and assisting me in spreading my wings to the land of the rising sun. I appreciate their complete support which has helped me in being placed in an MNC.
The Raisoni Office of Career Services ( ROCS) is a unique new initiative undertaken for the first time among educational institutions in Central India, to TRANSFORM STUDENTS CAREER PATHWAY, like never before :
Key Benefits envisaged for the students, include:
- INTEGRATED Training, Placements, III Cell & Alumni activities in each campus
- PERSONALIZED service to students
- Career Pathway for each student WILL BE discussed
- Student MENTOR is assigned in all colleges
- DEVELOPMENT of INDIVIDUAL Student Development plan
- ROCS – TRANSFORMING STUDENTS CAREER PATHWAY
Preparing our young professionals for the next steps may involve self-discovery, exploration, and skill development, honing their interviewing skills, and developing a timeline for how they will achieve their goals. The 4 keys areas of ROCS are:
Self-Discovery : Learning about who you are and how you want to make an impact is a great place to begin. Careers that combine your skills, interests, values, and personality are usually a great fit.
Exploration : Exploring your personal, academic, and career interests enables you to begin to develop career goals. Reflecting on experiences in your classes, internships, student groups, and community will generate many interesting options to consider and learn more about.
Preparation : Preparing for your next steps may involve developing relevant skills. But it will also involve putting together a strong resume, learning how to write a cover letter, developing graduate school or fellowship applications, understanding the importance of networking, honing your interviewing skills, and developing a timeline for how you’ll achieve your goals.
Action : Once you have some ideas about next steps, you’re ready to move forward!
Key Deliverables - NEW, BETTER & DIFFERENT
- Industry Need Analysis
- Competencies Employers Looking For
- CV Refinement, Mentoring, Aptitude
- SAR Stories
- Individualized Student Development Plan
- Integrated Approach - SEPA Concept
The key differentiator envisaged in ROCS is an INDIVIDUALIZED STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PLAN, which recognizes the fact that every student is special and his or her development needs are different from many others. ROCS works to educate, connect, and advise students about opportunities for summer and post-graduation in order to foster their intellectual, social, and personal transformations.