The IQAC is functional in planning and implementation of the infrastructural and the academic upgrade of the College within the ambits of UGC guidelines. It takes into account each teacher's performance in both curricular and extra-curricular areas for their career advancement.
With its objective of sustenance and enhancement of quality education, the major thrust areas are student enrolment, student participation, motivation, quality improvement, promotion of quality research culture, enhancement of infrastructural facilities and support services. With the Principal as Chairperson, meetings are conducted periodically to discuss issues relating to academic performance and non-academic matters of the college to foster efficient organization and maintenance of credentials pertaining to the staff and students.
The IQAC assists the College authorities in formulating various action plans and strategies to increase the institution’s performance by carefully assessing its strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities. The Cell organizes various programmes and seminars/workshops for the benefit of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution
- To channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the University
- To ensure stakeholders connected with higher Education, namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of its own quality and probity
IQAC Functions - As per UGC Guidelines
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
IQAC - Institutional Functioning
- The institution has active Quality Advisory Cell (QAC) and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to frame the policy for the academic and administrative growth of the institution.
- IQAC is playing a major role in designing and maintaining quality assurance within academic systems.
- IQAC monitors the proper implementation and analysis of overall academic and administrative performances of the college activities.
- The cell supports the teaching and learning goals articulated in the institution’s strategic plan.
- As the institution has grown in size and stature, it has evolved certain quality assurance measures keeping in mind the academic and administrative requirements.
- In this regard, a manual on teaching and working has been prepared by Professor-in-charge, IQAC. Some of the measures are –
- IQAC ensures maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
- On the basis of academic audit, a comprehensive review of student’s performance is made by IQAC.
- IQAC ensures the proper implementation of academic calendar.
- Regular meeting of IQAC and QAC are conducted to discuss various measures related to quality enhancement in which the recommendations made by Planning and Evaluation Board, Board Of Studies, Academic Council, Governing Body are discussed and analyzed for further improvement.
- As per the suggestion of IQAC, a feedback analysis committee is formed to review the online and offline feedback received from the students.
- Appraisal report of teaching / and non- teaching staff is received in the form of CR and after evaluation by the Head of the Institution is forwarded to the higher authorities.
- Attendance registers and daily teaching diaries are duly maintained and checked.
- IQAC reviews the feedback received from the parent- teacher meetings
- Introduction of new Courses including Postgraduate and Add-on Courses.
- Introduction of UGC Community college Scheme.
- Automation of Library and its facilities.
- Strengthening of Library.
- Improvement in students supports systems.
- Organizing seminars, conferences and workshops at different levels.
- Extension and upgradation of Classrooms and Laboratories.
- Inculcate ICT based Teaching-learning process
- IQAC has played an important role to implement NAAC Peer Team recommendations
- The IQAC monitors the well-being of the college in all respects.